At the Earls Court Motor Show of October 1961, MG - then part of the British Motor Corporation - had a lot to celebrate. The new MG MGA MkII was on display at the stand. The catchy text on every advertisement there 2 Great performers that steal the show. Optically it had changed a bit, technically a lot more. The engine had a capacity of 1622 cc and was therefore (a little) more powerful, but especially more reliable than its predecessor. The MGA was available as a convertible and, like its predecessors, also as a coupé. Also at the MG Midget stand. And what about the Magnette - with Farina bodywork - then? Yes, they could also buy that.
Please help us keep this website and the articles on offer free. Subscribe yourself Auto Motor Klassiek and also receive the magazine 12 times a year in the mail. Or donate a desired amount on our payment page via this link. We are certainly grateful for it.
Enjoy daily free stories about vintage cars in your email and sign up for free.