Mazda 1000 (1973). Japanese exotic from Eelke van der Kooi
What do you do when you come across a nice Japanese like this 1000 Mazda 1973 who looks exquisite and you have promised yourself to stick with your own work as a Ford parts supplier? Then you let your feelings speak again.
By: Dirk de Jong
Eelke put it differently "Sometimes I give myself some fantastic advice, but I am unable to follow it." Conclusion: the beautiful red Mazda 1000 moved to Veenwouden.
Japanese class car
The Mazda 1000 is a generous four-seater car. Very beautifully lined and very spicy. With its 63 hp it effortlessly reaches a speed of 140 real kilometers. Add to that its complete equipment, a comfortable seat and good handling. The excellent condition can be explained because the Mazda 1000 was an eye-catcher for no less than 25 years in the showroom.
Now the car is almost exotic. It still shines just like in the showroom and as a hobby car it is a nice start. The bright red color provides charm. And also for a lot of attention on the road. Maybe afterwards good that Eelke let his feelings speak and the Mazda 1000 gives a new life to the road.
Also interesting to read:
– Mazda MX-5… Beauty & The Beast
– A small Mazda with a Wankel engine
– Automobil Museum Frey. The first Mazda museum in Europe
– The first generation of the Mazda 323. Value for money. And pioneer.
– Suzuki SC100 GX, a Kei car
In stores now, the August issue
Auto Motor Klassiek from August is in stores now. For only 4,99 a guarantee for at least a few hours of reading pleasure.
This month a nice striking cover. The Opel Rekord that Erwin Roosink bought a few years ago in bad condition and completely restored. After which he gave his own twist to the appearance of his Rekord as a fan of the Dukes of Hazzard.
Also in this issue:
- Fiat 850 Familiare who after half a century passed to the second owner, who then promised to take good care of it for the next half century.
- Suzuki GS1000 which, in the late XNUMXs, formed a new chapter in the reliability and driving characteristics of Japanese super sports.
- De Volvo 340 GL may not be a unique type of car, but with its 58.000 kilometers on the clock, the now 33-year-old classic is in unique condition.
- In the practical article redecorate leather interior a dried-out leather interior is made beautiful again.
- De Toyota Corolla Coupé GT Twin Cam 16 has grown in popularity in the last ten years. Reason enough for us to report on it. We found a nice example.
- BMW R100 Mono. Compared to an R69S or an R90S, you have such a 'new' R100RT for change. And you drive a nice bike with it. A description.
- De Saab 96V4 van Ad van Beurden had already driven some rallies, but for him to really perform optimally, a few things had to be done. In this issue a report of the activities.
- In 75 years later again a series of photos from the old box, with which we switch back to the years of the Second World War.
All car and motorcycle stories are preceded by dozens of pages with short messages, from practical tips to history, classics that we encountered en route and various columns where having a classic, tinkering with a classic and even the hobby of dealing with classics centrally state. In addition, also around the forty pages with classics for sale, which are sometimes not even offered online. The perfect reading material, also for the coming holiday. So take it home quickly and take one already Subscriptionso you don't miss the next edition.
You can read more about what's in this edition on our page this month.